Home schooling

Moneypenny • Leaving Glow was the best thing I did!
What are your thoughts re: home schooling?
I'm assuming, as I haven't researched it yet, you need to register with the school and get lesson plans based on the grade they are in , then submit grades etc.
My daughter has been bugging me for over a year to pull her out of school and home school her.
I told her she would miss the socialization with other kids and , my fear, she wouldn't listen to me. 
I talked to her and I explained it's just like regular school but at home....how she must do her work etc and turn it in for a grade.  How she must listen to me etc.
She wants to be home schooled as she is having a terrible time in school.  Between severe bullying (it has been addressed many times by the school but still happens daily) and the fact she is missing basic fundamentals like in math.
****How would it work if she is an ESE student? 
I know I would be able to teach her the fundamentals she is missing. Then, add in a tweaked version of up to date , core teaching that her age/grade is currently receiving but I'm just not sure how it works as she is an ESE student. (She does attend regular class with other "normal" students but does receive so many hours a week in reading and math with an ESE teacher).
She just turned 12, is currently in the 5th grade and will be entering middle school in August. 
Thoughts?