Expressing Yourself

Grammar. Punctuation. Capitalization. Spelling. These are things I'm working with my students on, in elementary school. Why can't I find that in the forums here that are created by adults?
Our generation has fallen into this comfort zone of texting and shorthand messages, putting these next generations at a serious disadvantage. Glow has a great community, for the most part, but it's been irritating for me to read some of these posts and have to decipher the message behind them. I'm frustrated that as grown women (and the teenagers that are here too) who are becoming mothers, we can't take the time to write appropriately.
There's a "ghetto" aspect to shorthand that unfortunately makes you come off uneducated. Yes, I understand, texting should be quick and easy. I use "lol" all the time, but sometimes taking that easy route throws off what you're saying. Maybe it's my teacher brain, I don't know, but reading these run on sentences is distracting. Having to mentally place commas where I think you want them so that I can read your post correctly is annoying. Even in posting this, I've gone back and edited my mistakes, because as humans we all make them. Is it too much to ask for others to do the same?
I'm posting this anonymously because I don't want to viewed as a judgmental person for this singular judgement. Don't take it personal either. It's not just you and I'm not posting about whatever it was you just shared/read. This is very general for many adults in this day and age. I'm just slightly more irritated about it here because we're a community of women bringing new life into this world. We should be doing better all across the board.