Contractions at 29 weeks?

I am 29 weeks and 2 nights ago I had painful contractions the pain was in my lower back and felt just like the back labor pain I had with my last baby when I was in labor. I kept track of them and they were around 1min 40 seconds apart and sometimes 1-3 mins apart for 2 and half hours straight. And I could have swore I was in labor but then they ended up stopping or at least werent that painful anymore so I finally got to go to sleep considering it was 1:30 in the morning. And I counted around 38 contractions within those 2 and half hours.  I have been having painful cramps lately and at my last doctors app he had me take a urine test to make sure i didnt have any infection but tests said negative and normal. And now im having strong period cramps in my lower back and lower stomach. I dont understand whats going on? False labor or bh contractions? Idk but I know I shouldn't be having that many bh contractions at a time and shouldnt be regular like that. But they stopped so im confused. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on whats going on?