Serious Question!

I have a serious question.. I'm having thick white discharge and I'm 3 days late on my period. I took a test last Friday, 2 days before my expected period and it was negative. Should I take another test today or tmrw or just keep waiting it out and just kinda seeing if I eventually start my period? I'm not super knowledgable of the female cycle so I don't know if I should take the negative I already received as the final answer this month or still have faith that my hormones weren't strong enough and test again. I'm using clear blue tests. Should I get first response instead?