Sketchy? Cheating?

Katiemarie
Okay ladies so I need your help... Recently my boyfriend of 8 months went out to hang with his friends, comes home (we live together) and hours later says his ex showed up and they talked for a few minutes.. A couple days later his phone goes off when he was sleeping with a "hey babe" text from a number I've never seen, I woke him up and he said he didn't know who that was from, blocked the number and promised. A couple days later I came back from Brooklyn (slept over my parents) and I seen our lube and toys out on the dresser.. And the night before that I called him he sounded tired and weird. I asked him about the lube and he says he used it to jerk off but he usually uses lube.. Yesterday the alarm goes off in the morning (which sets on his phone) I went to turn it off and came across a facebook message that was a year old opened from his ex  so either he was looking at it or was talking to her and deleted messages.. I took matters into my own hands, packed my stuff and left, I sent him a text (he was sleeping so when he woke up he would of seen it) he didn't stop texting me or calling, he showed up where I was and started crying and saying all this cute stuff.. I don't know if I should trust him or if my heart is being taken for granted... He swears on god he was just looking at messages because he wanted to see how desperate he was in the past.. Which sounds like bullshit to be honest .. And now since the other day he goes to the den to watch tv while I sleep because he apparently doesn't want to wake me.. I don't know what to do.. He always stayed in the bed and watched tv.. He's acting weird.. But swears nothing is going on.. I gave him a chance.. Am I an idiot for doing so or should I just left..?