Long post.... sorry

Laura • I am 27 years old. My fiancé and I have a son who was born in June of 2014.

Never once in a million years did I think I would ever be writing a post like this. And not that I felt I have to but because not many people knew I was pregnant and I'm not quite ready to tell my story, but it wants to come out.

A week ago I was 11 weeks pregnant and had some blood when in was wiping after the bathroom. I told myself at the end of the work day I would go to the hospital if it hasn't stopped. So I went in and had blood work done and they said everything looked good. But told me to come back in the morning for a follow up ultra sound. So I went home and had a good sleep.

Next morning it was still pretty much the same and went to the hospital for an ultrasound. As soon as the ultrasound was done and I went to the bathroom cus my bladder was full the flood gates were open and I've never seen so much blood in my life. And I was passing clots. Right then I knew that there was too much blood for everything to be okay. So I waited for my results getting more uncomfortable my the minute.

They finally called me back and the doctor told me I was having a miscarriage. But the thing is I live across Canada from all my family and my husbands family. And right now he is working 4 hour drive away from me. So I was all alone.

Luckily I called him and within 2 hours he was by my side. He dropped everything at work and caught the first flight. Everything just seemed better once he was by my side. That night I had a D&C but was kept over night because of a high fever.

This was our second pregnancy, we have a beautiful healthy happy almost 2 year old son and I thank God everyday that I have him in my life because if I didn't I would be a complete mess right now. But I need to be strong to take care of him. I had the weekend and two extra days off work and now I have 7 days left of work before we move to that 4 hour drive away.

I just know that everything happens for a reason and we will be blessed with another child soon enough.

I just want to wish everyone here a happy healthy pregnancy and enjoy it. Motherhood is the best feeling ever.

All the best!

Laura