Another tipping question....

Wonder Woman💫
So earlier today I responded to someone who basically said everyone should tip because people rely on them to make a living or something to that extent. (For the record, I disagree.) After myself, there were numerous people commenting about how they don't tip unless they get superior, outstanding or amazing service because when they go out to eat they get this horrible, terrible, no good server who stands in the corner talking to her friends for half an hour while their food or drinks wait in the window all lonely and sad. Before I post my question, let me pre-empt by saying that yes, there are bad seeds in EVERY job. That being said, let me state that the majority of people I work with and have always worked with are really nice and sweet customer oriented people. I've worked everywhere from restaurants to dive bars to five star VIP lounges and beyond. So, my question to you is this...What in your own personal experience has been so bad that you would say to yourself that this person doesn't deserve a gratuity from you for serving you? I'm only asking because I'm genuinely shocked at how many people responded with, "my server was rude," "she gave me attitude," etc etc... In my experience, most servers know that tips are your lifeline so no one is going to go out of their way to be rude to you unless they're either very young and don't care or just over their job and you came in at the wrong time. I guess in short.... What are your personal reasons for not wanting to tip besides "I don't feel I should have to," this is directed at people who have felt personally victimized by their server.