Help .. Someone's (Adult 25 +) Opinion on the matter

So I've been talking to this guy for 2 months before we actually met. And our first date went well. He drove an hour to see me and the next time we planned on seeing each other I would drive to see him. We hung out a couple time before I went over to his house. Now I told him I wouldn't really date a guy that smokes cigs so he told me he's going to try and cut back because he does want to stop eventually. I thinks it's a disgusting habit. And I told him that's good but don't do it for me. Do it for you because then you would actually stop maybe. So we hung out and I came over to his house and he cooked for me and I don't want to sleep with him because I don't want to just be someone's fuck buddy. But my thing is I feel like since we messed around things would change between me and him (messed around meaning he ate me out and I have him a blow job) but we didn't have sex. Now so do u think things are messed up between me and this guy or should I just continue to see him. Because I do wanna hold off on the sex until I know for sure that he really wants to be with me. And not just saying he likes me just for a quick fuck. (Sorry for the language and details on the matter)