Aiden James

Alicia
Our due date was May 8th but my little angel decided he couldn't wait until then and came at 37 weeks and 6 days ( April 23rd at 11:16pm). I started having contractions Thursday at 5pm thinking it was just Braxton hicks, woke up the next morning very uncomfortable and vomiting. I went in to get checked and I was a little over a 3 and effaced. They sent me home to rest and I ended up coming back that evening. I was at the edge of where they admit you and ended up getting admitted for therapeutic rest. Saturday rolls around and my contactions weren't progressing and we made the descion to start pitocin. I was given morfin for the pain( I didn't want an epidural) and my water broke around 8pm Saturday night. I ended up getting an epidural shortly after. Come to find out there was an infection in the sac. After delivery I had him skin to skin for only two mins before they had to start antiboditics. Turns out he had hypoglycemia and hypothermia. Unfortuntly he wasn't able to regulate his blood sugar or temp so after finally trying to hold him for twenty mins he was taken to the NICU. He spent six days there before we could take him home. I was released two days prior but was aloud to spend 24/7 with him in the NICU. He is almost 3 weeks old and thriving.