Dont know what to do 🤔

Morgan
My son is 3 months tomorrow , 14 pounds 3 oz & about 24 inches long (so you can picture how big he is) lol . 
He currently sleeps in our room in the bassinet. I love being Able to just look over & know he is ok & still breathing. 
..... Well he is getting too big for his bassinet i think! His head & feet are almost touching the top/bottom & his arms dont have much room anymore (he sleeps with them sprawled out lol) 
So i'm thinking i have to change him to the crib. Its currently in the nusary.. But were thinking of moving it into our bedroom & putting it where the bassinet is ... 
I feel like im not ready for him to be in his own room yet ... Mainly because im terrified of what i read about SIDS.. I also cant seem to find a definite answer online of how long you should have baby sleep in the same room as you .. :/ 
Im thinking he will get used to his crib in our room .. & then eventually move him & the crib to his own room .. 
Have any other moms done this? Had success? Advice? Also, what age should he be in his own room? 
Thanks! This is really stressing me out & i wanna know what others think :/