Opinions on baby shower idea- kinda long

Briana
okay so I want your guys' opinions on this. my husband and I live in a different city than both our families and I have been trying to figure out how to have my baby shower here, where we live. the problem is I have a lot of friends here who are really excited and that I want to include. I've been thinking it would be too hard to have a big baby shower with all of our family, all my friends back home, and all my new friends here without it being really boring and awkward because no one knows each other. so I was thinking of just having a small baby shower back home with family and a few friends, and then later having a party with BOTH mine and my husbands friends here that's more just like a giant barbecue with a bunch of food, sports, games (regular games, not baby games) and making it more just a general celebration than an actual baby shower with the baby themed decorations and other girly crap haha. then my husband can also feel included and celebrated but won't be bored with a bunch of baby talk. if we did it this way, we would have them both done by the middle of August so I can still enjoy both (baby due end of oct). what do you guys think about it?