I had my 38 week check up on a Thursday and was 2 cm dialated

Christy • Mom of 2 Boys, Baby #3 due Oct 2018. Cake Decorator/Pastry Chef.
I had my 38 week check up on a Thursday and was 2 cm dialated.  I had slight discharge but then later that night I had more bleeding.  Around midnight I lost my mucus plug.  I called the doctor Friday morning and he said if the bleeding persisted to come in for a check.  I had to go in and the Dr said I was now 3 cm and how he would probably see my that weekend!
I told my little boy that he had to stay in there until after Saturday afternoon cause I had my Baby Shower!  So I had a wonderful baby shower that my mom and sister threw me.  I had cramps over the past 2 days. At 9 pm that night, the cramping started to repeat so I decided to start timing them.  I knew it was starting and I looked at my BF and said "we're gonna meet him tonight".
Finally my contractions were 5 mins apart and the doctor gave me the okay to go to the hospital.  We got to the hospital around 1 AMish.  I was monitored and when they checked again, I was 6 cm.  I honestly was trying to do natural if I could take the pain.  But I couldn't and got the epidural right in time.  The pain is gone and honestly I felt like I had to poop.  And then I knew I was ready to go & told the nurse.  Another nurse checked me again and she felt the baby's head!
So they went to get the Dr and it felt like it took them forever!  (My BF said it was about 15 mins). So we got ready and I pushed about 3 different sets of times and got him out! And was holding him instantly for skin to skin contact!  It was amazing.  Benjamin Wayne Buchanan arrived Sunday 10/19/14 at 2:56 AM and was 7 lbs 3 oz and 19 inches!