A brief rant
When visiting someone who had a baby a week ago:
1. Say "you look fantastic!" Even if if it is a lie, just say it.
2. Don't eat their food and then not wash the dishes.
3. Do not compare their post-baby (by one week!) body to any number of months pregnant--even if it's four months. Just don't.
4. Don't question why the baby is swaddled, or not swaddled, or wearing too many or too few clothes.
5. Don't show up empty-handed and ask for a glass of wine.
6. Don't say "you'll lose the weight, don't worry." I wasn't worried. In fact I was thinking I looked pretty effing good so thanks a lot for that.
Feel free to add to this list with your findings...