I've had it......

Kristin
This mama is taking an impromptu mini vacation from work. Yeah yeah yeah, I know I'm due next month but I'm tired of being treated like crap every time I'm there. I work combo shifts as a night nurse, 2 12hr shifts and one 8hr shift a week and the 12s are KILLING me at almost 34 weeks, not like my coworkers care. I've gotten nothing but shitty remarks from the majority of them this entire pregnancy but last night took the cake. After being particularly uncomfortable all day, I walked into work feeling like a watermelon could fall out of my vagina at any time and said as much. I got the typical snide comments like "well, that's just pregnancy" or basically just too bad, so sad, here's your admission that turned into a transfer to another hospital. They don't even TRY to lighten my load!! Oh no no, they give me assignments with isolation patients or ones that are wildly over ratio. Often times I have to sacrifice patient care just so I can carve out 5 minutes to eat. FIVE MINUTES IN A 12 HOUR SHIFT. I just hit my breaking point. So me and this tiny human that I'm growing are taking some r&r and I'm not gonna feel bad about it.