Telling my hubby

Ok 3rd baby on the way have had miscarriages in the past and it's only natural to be heartbroken I know, I am yet to tell my hubby and We are expecting again I wanted to wait till around the 8-10 week mark after I have had testing etc is this wrong of me I just can't bare to see the hurt in his eyes if God forbid something happened again. 
My Dr is keeping a close eye on my HCG levels I am currently 6 weeks . I don't see the problem waiting another 2 weeks but part of me feels bad too I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. 
If all goes well I'm not telling anyone else until I'm at the start of my 2nd trimester 
But obviously my hubby needs to know well before that happens. 
Any advise please