Joy sucking family members. 😕

K.
I'm having my first child (just shy of 13 weeks) and I'm pretty excited. My husband and I have been together for ten years and we have no other children aside from our three wonderful cats - now that we are nearing the 16 week mark, we decided to opt for an early gender determination scan (plus 4D). The place we are going to has a beautiful room set up for twelve people to view and enjoy the experience with you, with a big television screen on the wall. I thought it would be really fun to find out the gender with our closest family and friends, and my mom's reaction was literally, ".. you know, you could just call me and tell me over the phone. That's fine too." 😕 Meanwhile, my MIL is over the moon thrilled about it and can't wait to see, and my close friends feel the same way. It just makes me sad that every step along the way, the most I get from my mother (who I am close to; I am her only child) is a "Yay!" or indifference. I'm trying not to let her take my excitement away but now I'm doubting even doing it - like maybe my husband and I should find out alone. 😔 Sigh ..