Military wife.. My incredible Birth Story

 My incredible birth story. My husband is in the military and they gave him until the 21st for me to go into labor.. If it didn't happen by then, he wouldn't be able to come home. Baby was due July 24th. I decided that I was going to do whatever it took to have this baby, because my midwives were basically not wanting to do induce me. She said if they did it would literally be that day, and she'd have to get permission from all of the other midwives to do it. My first step was chiropractic adjustments, and I truly believe that made my labor a lot faster and easier, I do! My next step was going to an amusement park with my family, and just walking as much as I could for the whole day. But on Tuesday at 12:45 a.m. everything changed. Monday (the day prior) I decided I was going to try some of the old wives tales. I had tacos for dinner that were quite spicy, and I drank 2 bottles of the Pure Leaf raspberry tea. I get into bed that night and lay down.. I get about around 12:35 a.m. to use the restroom. I come back in my room and lay down, but I feel something running down my leg.. A very slow stream.. I thought, GREAT, I didn't finish going. So as I start to sit up again to go completely empty my bladder.. Or so I thought.. Mid way of sitting up, fluid began to rush out. As weird as it sounds.. I went to the bathroom and pushed more fluid out, and smelled my pants to make sure I didn't just uncontrollably pee myself. It didn't smell like pee at all and it was whitish. So I go to the hospital and we get there at about 1:15 a.m. and they check me.. My water had been broken but I was only dilated about a centimeter and a half. So I was admitted. Having contractions consistently at 2-3 minutes apart. I personally, don't handle pain the best, and they felt like super intense period cramps.. But I haven't had a period in 9 months, so I forgot what they felt like completely. I was begging for the epidural then.. But they were quick to assure me that this was only the beginning and it was going to get way worse. I held on a little longer.. But I couldn't hold on anymore. So I got my IV and had pain meds through there. The nurse told me it would make me woozy, but it completely knocked me out. I woke up a couple times, when nurses came in to check me and such, but I was so out of it and still felt exhausted. So I kept falling back asleep. I'm not sure what time it was but when I woke up I was stuck at a 3 so they gave me pitocin.. Everything intensified then.. But I made it to a 5 before getting the epidural.. Then went back to sleep. The last time I woke up, I felt way better and a lot more awake.. Nurses came in to check me and said I was about a 7 but I was progressing SUPER fast. So they said if I felt any pressure down there.. To call for them and they'd come check me again. They left the room for maybe 5 minutes before I felt the pressure. I called them in and they said I was a strong 10 and that my baby was right there. So they set up everything around 11. By 11:20 I was pushing. At about 12:15 I had pushed her head out but her body wasn't wanting to come right out after. So I could see her. She had a full head of hair. By 12:22 p.m. my baby girl was laying on my chest. I slept through my entire labor, and barely felt a thing. Seeing her for the first time was so perfect.. I forgot I was ever in pain. She came in at a whopping 8 pounds 6 ounces, and 20 1/2 inches long. I'm only 5'2" and my pre-pregnancy weight was a steady 115, so I'm relatively small, and the best part is.. I had no tear, no episiotomy, and I have no clue how that happened. Blakeley Emerson.. You make my life complete... I never knew I could feel this way. As soon as daddy heard I was in labor, once it hit 7 a.m. where he was, he let the MTL's know, filled out paper work. Flew out that night, and arrived the next morning, we get him until the 20th. I am so blessed.