My induction story

Kay • NJ mom of 2 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦
Just wanted to make some of you ladies feel better about the possibility of being induced. My plan was a spontaneous and natural L&d.. I ended up being induced with cervadil. We went in at 7pm on 6/6 and got started, immediately I was feeling strong and consistent contractions. The nurse wanted to give me ambien to sleep and let the cervadil work. Bad idea, I was projectile vomiting and ended up with an over stimulated uterus and contractions that lasted 2 mins with 30 second breaks.. Only 2 cm!! So the doctor came in and pulled out the cervadil and my body went into normal regulated labor on its own! From that point I had a fantastic experience, my water broke on its own and my baby girl was here at 2:06 pm on 7/7. I labored for 12 hours naturally and finally gave in to the epidural for the remainder.. It was a good choice and I was able to enjoy the rest of the experience! It was not as bad as I thought and did not hurt! Moral of the story is things don't always go according to plan but the moment your baby is out on your chest is the most amazing moment of your life. Good luck remaining July mamas! ❤️