Not so surprise surprise party

Tonyisha

My bf is throwing me a surprise party this weekend and I know I'm probably gonna get mad about it.

For one, it's not even a surprise anymore. We're in the same group chats and often use each others phone. While I'm guilty of reading his messages he literally named the group chat tony bday party.

Along with that my birthday was weeks ago. Why not.plan this party then.

More irritating is that the party is this weekend. I work everyday this week. This weekend I have my farming job. I come home exhausted, dirty, and smelly (we have an aquaponics system and i get fish waste on me sometimes). It's not even om one of my shortdays but the long day with the most labor. He could've made it one a weekend I had off but no.

As far as the planning, he's left that to his friends basically. Not my friends who know me better, his. They've already taken over the food and games. I love the eagerness to help but they've agreed to two foods (main ones might I add) that I don't like and my bf hasn't said anything. Plus, these are the same people who often plan things that fall through. So there might not even be food at the party.

Last time there was a party with his friends it was prom. He ignored me the entire night and I was mad as hell. This will be one of the first times, if not the first times, he's seen his friends since college. So there's a big chance it'll be all about them though it's my party.

My family didn't celebrate my bday and when I did have one party no one showed up. I've had terrible birthdays. I told him my concerns and he hasn't done anything. He's actually annoyed that I have any. I want to be grateful but I'd also rather not have a shitty party knowing I'll be in a bad mood.

He could've just taken me on a picnic like I've wanted since summer break.