Worried I'm going to lose a friend

Manda

Today I am 12 weeks 1 day and excited about my first baby. I heard the heartbeat for the very first time today (though only for maybe 2 seconds, I have a mover!) I was going to share the good news at my birthday party this Saturday with my friends, but there is one friend (and her boyfriend) who I think will be less than pleased.

She is very vocal about being happily child free and how having children ruins people's lives and sucks away their personality. It's actually caused a fight between her and my other friend, who has a 6 year old daughter. I support her decision to be child free, but isn't the choice to be a parent valid too? I was not expecting or trying to become pregnant, but I wouldn't change it for anything.

I thought about not inviting her, but I think she would feel left out since I'm inviting everyone else, and I truly don't want to hurt her, I just know she won't be happy and it will make things awkward.

Does anyone else have friends that are proudly child free or maybe lost a friend over it? I would appreciate the advice.