Excited 😁

I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and a half, and we took each other's virginity about seven months in. His parents caught us and we got scared about pregnancy and all that so we decided to go back to the way things were before and stay abstinent. That lasted three or four months 😝. When we started again it was great but I thought I was one of those girls who just could not orgasm. I could get myself off in the shower, but I thought that I'd gotten too reliant on one method and it wouldn't happen with a partner. Boyfriend was willing and patient and we tried for almost nine months for me to figure out what I needed before finally last week he made me orgasm with fingering and oral. I wasn't expecting anything more than that when this week I actually came with him inside me. We're going to different colleges next month, and it will be four months until we see each other again. I thought that we'd separate before I could ever reach orgasm with him. But we got there, and I am leaving in less than three weeks. I feel like we're entering a new chapter in our sex life (along with the rest of our individual lives and our relationship) and I'm just going to want him so much more when I can't have him. A lot of couples who are forced to separate tend to have a lot of strain on their relationships when they are about to be tested and they don't know what their futures hold, but it's been pretty easy for us so far. Not that it's not going to hurt to have to let him go, but we just keep getting closer even as we get closer to leaving each other. We've had an a difficult but amazing journey in every aspect and I just have to brag about us a little bit because there are so many negative posts about relationships here, as well as girls who are frustrated with their ability to orgasm. 
How many of you are in a happy relationship? What's your story? Any tips/experiences with long distance relationships?
And help us out, how long did it take you to start having orgasms with a partner and how did you get there?