Tired of the bashing, Embrace your body

Kemi
I find it pretty sad how these days girls can't post pictures of themselves in bathing suits without being bashed in some way, shape or form. Like sometimes I'll be trying on bathing suits in my room or at the store and I'll take a picture that makes me feel proud of my body but it ends up just taking up space in my camera roll just because I'm afraid of being judged harshly by my peers. I remember I posted a picture of myself in a bathing suit on snapchat for over 160 people to see and I had never felt more confident in my own body. Then the next day I was with a close friend of mine and he had asked me why I had posted a picture of myself practically naked. The way he said it made it sound like I was seeking attention or that I was some kind of slut and, although I forgave him quickly, that didn't change the fact that I instantly felt horrible for sharing a picture where I actually felt confident in myself for once. As most of you know I used to be around 200 pounds when I was younger because my parents over fed me and all I would eat was junk food. So imagine 5 or so years later, after diet, exercise, and physical growth I've managed to drop a large amount of weight. Yeah, I'm not confident all the time because my body is no where near what I want it to look like but I shouldn't be judged so harshly for those small moments when I'm actually feeling good about myself. I'm not a slut or an attention seeking whore. I'm a girl who feels confident with her body for once and wants to share that great feeling with others. Rant over. 
Thanks for reading.