Blood clot in my left leg after postpartum 😏 ladies be careful when traveling after having a baby!

So I'm 10 weeks postpartum, and recently I travelled for a wedding in a car for 6/7 hours straight each way. (Exactly 8 weeks postpartum).Well about a week after our trip I started to have pain in my left leg (calf), and it progressed within days. It was a pain that I've never had before. This past Sunday my leg started to swell and the pain was unbearable 😭😞no pain killers helped.  so Monday morning I said enough is enough I can't take this pain any more and I went into the hospital and sure enough it was a blood clot starting to form. Scary! 
The Drs said that it's common for woman to get clots after delivering specially if flying or car travel plus birth control =Not a good combination. 👎🏼Never did I thought  it would happen to me. Now I'm taking blood thinner shots plus tablets before bedtime. It's scary and freaking out because these clots are life threatening if not caught on time. So tonight i decided to make my very first post only because I've seen posts from other woman asking  if it's safe to travel right after having a baby... Maybe for some it is but for some it's not. 
Let's take care of our selfs traveling can wait. 😉