Asking my mom for BC.

Angie • 18 | Illinois Girl
I'm 16 and I recently just asked my mom if i can be put on Birth Control. She's making a lot of excuses telling me all the side effects of Birth control she said there's possibly weight gain, I told her I rather gain weight from birth control rather than gain weight for 9 months straight because of a pregnancy. She agreed saying I made a valid point. The problem is now that I asked she believes I will jump into bed with somebody as soon as she puts me on it or I have already been sexually active and that's why I want it. I have lied to her she still believes im a virgin, I will be 17 in 2 weeks and I lost my virginty a year ago. I had only had sex once in my whole life but recently I had hooked up with a friend. I had felt very uncomfortable sleeping with somebody I wasn't dating so I don't plan on doing that again. I want to wait until I get into a serious relationship to be sexually active, and when that time comes I wanna be prepared and be on BC . My sister had 2 kids by the age of 18, and I'm avoiding that as much as possible. Now when I bring up birth control to my mother she stays quite , but I know that's her way of telling me she's thinking about it. I hope I made the right chose of asking ... 😳