Elective Induction or C-Section

Nicole
My step grandma asked me today when I'm due, so I went into the whole spiel that 40 weeks puts me at January 16th but that I already discussed with my doctor when I can electively deliver as I was hoping they could come this year. I can electively deliver at 38 weeks, which puts me at January 2nd, so no dice there. Anyway, before I could even finish, my grandma cuts me off that she doesn't believe in that, and "What? Are you wanting that for tax purposes?" Well yes, I'm having twins here, so being able to claim them on taxes would be a huge help. I didn't tell her this of course. I tried to say our insurance deductible will reset (we're so close to meeting our maximum out of pocket cost due to the cost of a miscarriage earlier this year), AND if I wasn't pregnant, I'd be going back to work on January 3rd, so electing for a January 2nd due date kind of fits in with my maternity leave. But yet again, she cut me off, which pissed me off. I even tried to tell her that after 38 weeks the risks, particularly with twins, start to increase. Words such as "stillbirth" and "placenta deterioration" have come up. But couldn't tell her any of this because she kept cutting me off. Anyway... Sorry for the long story, but anyone else able to relate? Any twin moms opt for an elective due date?