Want to hop in?

Join our Community
Download Glow

What was your infertility issue?

And what helped you get pregnant? 
I'm going to the fertility doc next week for the first time. Just wanted to hear some stories 
Gf
Posted at Aug 20, 2016 • 127 responses

Glow Pages: Recommendations for Women, by Women

Find fertility products, clinics, doctors

Ka
Posted at Feb 22, 2017
PCOS-Weight loss (less carbs and more exercise), IUI and fertility drugs, prayer and meditation/acupuncture all coalesced to help me get pregnant after a year of trying. 
Sa
Posted at Sep 23, 2016
Severely damaged Fallopian tubes (clubbed, no fimbrea) due to stage three endometriosis. Egg and sperm quality were good. Just transportation issues (my eggs not being able to reach my uterus). Had IVF in the UK back in February. Luckily paid for my the National Health service (I'm an Aussie expat and it isn't paid for back home, so felt really lucky). One embryo transferred (5 day transfer) Luckily it worked first time and I'm due with our little girl in 5 weeks time. 
Em:  Congratulations! Can I ask how long it was between diagnosis and bfp? Found out last week both my tubes are blocked because of a ruptured appendix as a kid. Waiting for a laporoscopy (no date yet) and then IVF. The waiting is killing me!!
De
Posted at Feb 11, 2017
I had the ensure procedure. Then I had the coils taking out a few years later because of all the issues about it in he news. Now I want another baby (my boys are 10 and 12) but I have very small chance of getting pregnant might need to do IVF
Ke
Posted at Jan 22, 2017
pcos and my period had stopped because of it. I also can't ovulate on my own
Xe:  fingers crossed that you'll find a way to conceive.. x
We
Posted at Jan 30, 2017
My infertility at the moment is due to polycystic ovaries and it sucks because no treatment was given and I have no idea how big they are the doctors in my small town suck! I dont even know what I'm supposed todo or if I can even do anything to help the cysts come out.😢
Xe:  can you travel to get a 2nd medical opinion? Best wishes to you both... x
Mo
Posted at Feb 05, 2017
We're currently ttc all testing confirmed unexplained infertility our first iui is this month just waiting on af 🤞🏽
Lu
Posted at Feb 15, 2017
My husband was diagnosed with lazy sperm, all his hormone levels and volume etc were all good but the little swimmers weren't very active. They first started him on a course of vitamin e c and zinc as this can help boost your body's productivity. This didn't show a lot of improvement so it was suggested he use a more consentrated does of the vitamins by taking proxceed plus and vitamin c. His next sample test showed a lot more improvement in movement of his sperms in the short time he took it, still below the margin they like to see but moving on the right direction. We are due to start our consultation with the IVF clinic in the next few weeks but in the meantime he has been taking the proxceed plus a lot more and more regularly so finger crossed that will give us the chance to conceive naturally before we start with IVF 
Cl
Posted at Nov 04, 2016
I initially thought my husband was the problem as everyone In his family only had one kid and I'm from. Family of 5 kids. They found bilateral dermoids (8cm and 5 cm ) on each ovary. As a result I didn't have many follicles but have high amh. Have to have custectomy to remove cyst . Will likely
Loose part of ovaries but hopefully will be ok. We did IUI with femara and trigger and it worked first time. Prayers for everyone during such a difficult time . It can be frustrating when everyone around you is getting pregnant 
Em
Posted at Nov 27, 2016
I have pcos and extreamly long cycles. I also black widowed his sperm. They did iuis thinking bypassing cm would take care of me killing off his sperm. They then figured out it was still happening and put something on him sperm before iui and I'm 24 weeks pregnant!
Em:  So basically we would have sex and then go in they would take a sample of my cervical mucus and check for living sperm
Em:  They did postcoital checks of my cervical mucus and they were no longer alive.
Ma:  How did you know you were killing his sperm?
Na
Posted at Jan 24, 2017
with my first it took 3 years to get, my second was 1.5years and 7chemical pregnancies, 3rd was 1.5years.
so my first was a holy crap we can do it lol after trying so long we didnt think it would happen and gave up. our second we started trying since our oldest was 6months old and nothing so after a year i went to an infertility OBGYN and did all the blood work and everything was going to do the ultrasound that flushes out yr tubes BUT couldnt afford it so i stopped.. little did i know i had precancerus cells on my cervix so we decided we should kick that in the ass first then worry about a baby. well 2 months after that i took a test because i was bleeding randomly and didnt know why and it was positive. my 3rd was interesting. i never got on anything after my ssecond was born i saw no need to since getting pregnant was so hard. so we had started trying once he turnt 1 and then a family member told us about her dr and clomid and so i made an appointment to talk to him about it and have my pap done at the same time. so i took the clomid for the 5days on time bla bla bla sex no more than once in a 24hr period (that was worse than the side effects of the clomid lol) and we waited. i started cramping and figured oh im going to get my period this cycle didnt work. we agreed to 2 cycles and then we were done. BUT my husband said idk why yr so hoping it worked cuz it couldnt have worked first try.. i said fine im testing in the morning thats it plain and simple! and i did and it was positive! so we are guessing my body wasnt producing the best quality egg it should have been. sometimes there is no real answer why u just have to try and set a limit of what your willing to go thru to get your baby. Best of luck to you!

Want to comment?