Clay water for parasites (TMI)

I contracted a terrible, microscopic parasite last year while I was in Honduras. It made me terribly sick, and I continued to be sick even when I got back to the states. Finally, a couple of months (and several lost pounds from the inability to keep food in my system) later, I was diagnosed with the parasite (who's long name I cannot remember). I was given "Paracom", a tincture used to kill parasites and it seemed to help a lot.
Now, 9 months later, I've read a lot about clay water. Basically, putting a teaspoon or so of bentonite clay (sometimes known as activated charcoal) in a big glass of water and drinking it on an empty stomach. I've read it can really help your body rid itself of parasites. I thought, "why not?!" So I've been drinking it for the last few mornings.
Today I had the same horrific diarrhea I had when I'd had the parasite in Honduras and I kid you not, there were WORMS in it. WORMS.
WHAT. WORMS in my diarrhea.
Needless to say, I think the clay water worked. 
Has anyone else tried clay water? Have you heard of it? Have you ever had a parasite that you know of? Has anyone else had wormy diarrhea??