Should I get a second opinion???

Danielle

This is going to be a long post so I apologize in advance! I will try to keep to the important facts.

In May I had a miscarriage. (It had been my first pregnancy all natural.) In June I got what seemed like a regular period. In July a period never came and I tested positive again. I went in at 8 weeks for an ultrasound (8 weeks based off of my last period.) I was nervous because I had been spotting but the ultrasound tech found the source of the spotting and said it had nothing to do with a miscarriage and that it would soon heal and stop bleeding. Then she asked if my cycle was usually regular. I told her yes it usually is but since I just had a miscarriage I really wasn't sure if I was back to a regular cycle yet since I had only had one period. Then she showed me that she could only see a sac and it was measuring 5w6d. So either I was 2 weeks behind or I might have ovulated late. She said if I did ovulate late it was normal not to see a baby/heartbeat that early. So she took my blood that day (august 17th) to test my hcg levels and she told me to come back and have my blood drawn again in 48 hours (august 19th) to see if the numbers had doubled.

On the 24th I called them to ask about my results because they hadn't called me yet. I talked to several people through out that day who couldn't find my results. At one point someone found the results from the 19th and told me my numbers were really high so I was excited and almost relieved but I needed to know how they compared to the results from the 17th. That same girl called back a few minutes later and said, "We found your results, they didn't double so the Dr says you're going to have a miscarriage." (WTF??) Then she asked if I was bleeding and I said no not at all and I still have all my pregnancy symptoms. So she told me if I haven't had a miscarriage by next week to come in so they can do a dnc.

I didn't think to ask for my numbers just then so I called back the next day to ask.

August 17th was 18582

August 19th was 18972

I know they didn't double but aren't they supposed to double more slowly when they are that high??? I'm not naive or trying to get my hopes up but I feel like they didn't even look at the whole situation. They kept assuming I was bleeding already and I'm not! The reason for the bleeding was already explained and had already healed.

Thoughts???