Retained placenta?

Lynée

First a little info: I'm 6.5 weeks pp from a repeat c section. I have my pp appointment next week. I'm just hoping someone has had a similar experience so that I might be able to ask the right questions of my OB.

Ok, now for my situation:

After my repeat c section, I had the usual heavy pp flow for the first 3-4 days. It tapered off at about 10 days pp. At 2 weeks pp though, I passed a ping pong ball sized clot and then had bright red bleeding for 3-4 days before it tapered off again. Then at 4 weeks pp, it happened again; good sized clot, red bleeding for 3-4 days then tapering off. Well, here I am at 6.5 weeks pp and I'm going through this again! The only difference this time is that I'm not so much getting clots as a heavy flow. When I visit the toilet, the volume looks about like when I'd empty my menstrual cup before I conceived. Sorry, TMI. I didn't call my OB during these bleeds because I wasn't soaking a pad and hour(but still having a moderately heavy flow) or having anymore clots than what came at the start of each bleed. Perhaps I should have called? Who knows?

I only had lochia and the subsequent spotting for three weeks with my firstborn and an adequate milk supply. My milk didn't come in at all this time, and I just now found out that can be a sign of some retained placental tissue. At the time, I thought perhaps it was just a weirdo side effect of my c section but now I'm not so sure with all my strange bleeding.

If anyone has any insights, I would welcome them. And as I said, I have my pp OB appointment in a few days so I'm for sure heading for a dr one way or another. 😩