parents rant

My parents are basically that couple that should be divorced. They can't go a day without fighting. My mom literally does EVERYTHING for my dad. He won't close cabinets, pick his towels off the bathroom floor when he's done showering, doesn't help wash dishes, etc. He is so dependent on her but he acts like he owns her. It makes me so sad. Today they took their car to get worked on and my mom said my dad got mad at her for giving the guy who worked there her phone number (so they can call when the car is ready to be picked up). 🙄 He never answers his phone or the house phone, so she just thought giving them her number would be best. She tried to explain this to my dad, but of course he just got mad. He's a very angry person. My mom basically can't share her opinion if it's not the same as his. She will ask him very nicely if he could just put the toilet seat back down after he uses it. He gets mad and starts saying she's "criticizing" him...I can't. I'm living with them while I'm in college because it saves money. It just makes my heart hurt to see how he treats her. I tell her all the time that he doesn't own her. I know one thing, I don't want to marry someone who thinks they own me