How to get out of an abusive relationship.

I am in a relationship with a man who claims to love me, but he plays mind games, pinches me, makes comments about my body that don't make me feel beautiful. I have told him repeatedly. There have been changes on both ends. I give in because of exhaustion of pushing back he pushes harder because he has the dominant trait. (He is a Marine). Not saying all military men are bad, but so far my experiences have been...taking psychological, and emotional beatings. He picked my locks, fake chokes me(not in foreplay), fake punches me and he practices his self defense moves on me. When I tell him it hurts he calls me a sissy and tells me I am sensitive. My family knows, but how do I leave?

Being in a manipulative relationship is difficult so if you haven't been in one or have any halpful advice please keep your comments to yourself. I am asking for honest help.

We do not live together he has nothing at my appartment. I have nothing at his. He treats me well infront of others but behind closed doors its completely different.