Punishment ....?

🌞➕🌚
I know that everyone parents diff so what are some things you do for punishment that works for you?? My bf grew up his parents were more strict on him then mine were mine well my aunt who raised me was very free spirited so some times I don't agree on some of the same things as my bf.... the other day my I told my 6 year old to give her 2 year old some of her water and she did but befor she gave it to her she put hot sause in it so she had to stay in her room then wile still on her punishment for the hot sauce she desieds to go play in the closet in the hallway witch she knows she is not aloud and she lied about a few things witch made her punishment longer so today she was finally gonna be compleat off her punishment and then she took the salt shaker and emptied it all over the floor in her room and took the hot sause bottle and shake it all over the kitchen so back to her room she went so then my 2 year old comes to me and tells me that the 6 year old cut her hair 😤😤😤 she cut like 2 in off and tryed to give her bangs I feel like I have tryed all kinds of punishments time out, putting her in the corner, taking her table or TV away, making her right I will not lie or stuff like only thing I haven't tryed is spanking... but no matter what the punishment is she continues to lie and do other things she knows that are completely not ok... so what are some things you do that work for your kids