First ever post...TTC 8 months and counting

Amy
Hello ladies! I am 27 and have been TTC for almost 9 months. I was on birth control for about 3 years and stopped in December. Since stopping birth control, I did not have a period for about 8 months. I went to the dr and they ran tests, checked thyroid and hormones and everything was normal so they thought I was it ovulating regularly, but I tested ovulation every day May-July and I did ovulate in May and June. I was given Provera to start September 1 to help me have/regulate a period to take for 7 days out of every month, but I started my period on my own August 28th therefore I did not start the Provera.  I took an ovulation test everyday since the 5th day of my cycle and it has always been negative this cycle. I didn't think it would take my body this long to regulate after being on birth control for so long. My doctor also suggested Clomid but I don't know how I feel about starting fertility drugs just yet. Any similar stories about how you helped boost/track ovulation would be appreciated. Baby dust to all!