MIL issues

Devan
Let me first start out by saying I have a very kind and loving mother in law, anyway...the other day my mother in law took me by complete surprise and said she was going to be in the delivery room with me, she went on to tell me the story of how she was in the delivery room with her others sons now xwife when she was giving birth to their first son. I was completely shocked and all I could respond with was "oh!"
After I've had a few days to stew about it, I thought I'd bring it up to my husband about how I was uncomfortable with her not asking first to be in the delivery room and maybe we could talk to his mother together about the possibility of her being in the room if the conditions were right...ugh.
My husband is dead set on me speaking with her alone about how i feel. I feel like the biggest piece of garbage, but I can't get over how I didn't even have a choice. I'm pretty sure hormones definitely play a big part in my feelings but I just can't get over it. If anyone could give me some advice about how they handled a similar situation, or maybe what you would do if you were me that would be tottaly awesome!