Do I have to be close to my mom?

Ta
I care deeply about my mom but for as long as I can remember, we have absolutely no common interests/hobbies/likes/political beliefs (it's as though we're complete opposites in our taste and outlook in everything) but it's never bothered me as we both care and love our family members and enjoy Family Time. That is more than enough for me and I'm truly happy to have that ❤️
I don't care that my mom and I are really different people, with very different personalities and temperaments. But she can't seem to accept it and it's starting to get worse now that my husband and I are expecting our first child. I know that she just wants to be a part of my life (which is so sweet) but why do we have to think alike and like the same things?!
I don't need her to be my best friend with us liking the same things - she just needs to be my mom. She's highly social and has oodles of friends who drop by the place daily (to the detriment of my dad's wine supply 😂) so she's not lonely. How do I get her to stop being offended and acting it out? She is a sweet lady and I don't want to hurt her feelings, but we are simply too different to be besties.
P.s. We've both made efforts over the years to learn and share in each other's interests but it's always been a draining effort that has yet to work out.