my birth plan went out the window so fast 😩 lol

Tianga • My husband & I are expecting our 2nd baby April 2018. 1st baby born Sept 16, 2016. #2under2 God is so faithful🙏🏽❤️❤️

I'm a first time mom , baby boy due date was Saturday 9/17. So on Wednesday night (9/14) I started having some contractions that were worse than my normal Braxton Hicks and I had a small amount of bright red spotting when I wiped (no mucus). They were painful but nothing crazy & since I had my weekly OB check in the morning I just waited it out. Thurs morning after my OB check I was not dilated but lost my mucus plug after they checked me (it was a lot 😳) and they told me this would likely be my last OB check before I deliver!! I left excited because I felt like the nurse pretty much started the labor process lol. It wasn't even 20 mins after leaving the doc when THINGS GOT REAL! I started having REALLY painful contractions every 15 mins. By about 7pm they were  7-8 mins apart and unbearable! The pain was in my butt and lower back & felt like trapped gas pains😣 they were so intense & shooting through my butt and back! I tried a warm bath, different labor positions but nothing would ease the pain and by 11pm they were 5-6 mins apart and so painful I thought I was gonna black out during each one! My birth plan did not consist of an epidural, but at this point I wanted an epidural at home before even riding to the hospital 😩😂!! I def did not expect to have back labor smh!! So I get to the hospital around 130am & they tell me I'm 4cm 😳🙌🏽 I was admitted, got the epidural, & was in my room by 3:30am & was about 6cm dilated. I was told to take a nap & I should be ready to push baby out around 6-7am. At 4:10am 2 nurses rush in, cut on the lights and tell me flip over NOW! As I'm waking up out of my sleep they start flipping me side to side giving me oxygen and then the next moment they are telling me to remove my jewelry & giving my husband scrubs to put on for an emergency C Section. The baby's heart rate had been low for approx 10 minutes and didn't respond to the oxygen & them flipping me right away. As they were prepping me to go to the OR the baby's heart rate came back up but they said they didn't want to take any risk since it had been down so long & it would be safest to get baby out. Terrified & in complete shock I obliged and baby was out and screaming at 430am!A c section was not even a thought for me I wanted a natural birth and I never imaged going through that. But God is faithful and my baby was delivered safely & healthy! My blessing 🙏🏽💙👶🏻6lbs 1oz 19 inches of perfection Titus Anthony 👑