Preterm Labor 34 weeks?

Josephina
This question is kinda more guided toward ladies who have actually been exposed to preterm labour before 36 week, because I'm not sure what I experienced. Two days ago I was sent to labour and delivery for a gush of fluid dripping down my legs, I did the whole pad routine and fluid was still coming. Once I got to the hospital, testing was done and showed no leaking of amniotic fluid. My cervix was checked, and completely closed. I was on the belly monitor and was feeling lots of abdominal pain and cramping or contractions. I told the nurse and she looked at the paper printing out and said "these aren't contractions your uterus is just irritable because you probably don't drink enough water." Though, the contractions had a time pattern, they were in a certain pattern ie; 1 minute long every 5 minutes. She then comes in giving me a shot of some medication. I asked her what it was for and she said to prevent preterm labour and stop my contractions. But before, she said I wasn't having any contractions and that my uterus was just irritable! This shot made me extremely uncomfortable and my heart rate jumped straight through the roof and I was shaking uncontrollably to the point where I needed a wheel chair. My question is, was I really in preterm labour and the nurse just wasn't telling me? She kept changing about the state of my "contractions" and then "uterine irritability." Has anyone experienced something like this? I don't know what to think or do.