FTM 100% amazing natural birth!!!

mamaB • Two girls 💕 pregnant with girl #3 due May 30th 2022 💓

My baby girl Olivia Rose was born yesterday September 29th at 7h43 AM weighing 7lbs 8 OZ and 20 inches long !

I was followed by a midwife my whole pregnancy and gave birth in their birthing centre. I was only in the birthing centre for 3.5 hours, I did all my work at home.

It was THE most intense, amazing, hardest work I have ever done in my life, and I can honestly say giving birth naturally is the best thing I've ever done and accomplished in my whole entire life !!! To me, giving birth in a hospital as a low risk pregnant woman seemed more terrifying than giving birth naturally.

I would like to make a point that during pregnancy I always put coconut oil all over my labia and perineum. I didn't have any stitches at all! Starting at 31.5 weeks I drank 4 cups a day of red raspberry leaf tea, at 36 weeks pregnant I started eating 6 dates a day . I also did lots of walking (minimum 45 minutes a day). I did spinning babie techniques atleast one a day, and did pelvic floor stretches.

My biggest sign that labor was coming was not nesting, or doing lots of baking, but having a HUGE appetite. I guess my body wanted to stock up on lots of energy for the work ahead! I went to eat a huge burger and fries while in latence phase of labor, had eggs and toast, toast with peanut butter. I drank coconut water throughout my entire labor all the way up till I pushed, lots of electrolytes!!

My favorite position during contractions was being on my knees with my arms and head on couch. I also pushed in that position and my fiance caught her :) I went in our tub 3 times during labor which I liked but never wanted to stay too long. Everytime I felt a contraction starting I took in a huge deep breath and then let that breath out slow and longgg by doing really low bahhhh sounds and even did brrr sounds at the end (like when you blow on someone's tummy). These help with decending baby, relaxing your muscles and help you dialate much faster. Doing lots of visualizations of baby opening my cervix seemed to help me dialate quick too!

If you are thinking of doing it naturally, do it!!! :)

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask !! :)