Husband is feeling depressed

Chelsea • I am super excited to be pregnant with my second child!!!!!
With our first my husband became deeply depressed. Now with our second things seemed to be going much better. Yesterday though he was acting agitated and short tempered. I was relaxing in the bath when our 6 week old began crying. I came out to check on them and found my husband holding her, and he was crying too. He was crying because he couldn't figure out what was wrong and felt like a failure as a father. This was what it became like with our first. I wanted to help so I took our daughter to try and see what the problem was. She stopped crying the second I took her, now my husband is more upset and feeling like she doesn't like him. I have tried to explain that's not true she was just overly tired because our three year old kept waking her up all day she normally loves being held by her daddy. He is a doting father , a good father. I try to build him up but he upset all night. I don't want him to become depressed again like he did with our son. He refused to talk to anyone and we almost didn't make it he pulled away and basically disappeared with out actually going anywhere. I don't want him to go through that again and I don't know what I should do or say. I would love some advice if anyone has been in this situation.