What Should I Do

I really like this guy. We have a connection & it's more than just physical. He remembers what I tell him & was there for me when no one else was. I feel like me & him have become closer & our relationship has gotten better. He makes me happy & I feel relaxed & calm when I am with him. The problem is my friend thinks I should stop talking to him & not have anything to do with him. She doesn't think he is good enough for me. Her reason for not wanting me with him is understandable, but I don't want to stop talking to him when me & him are in a good place. I feel like I need a chance to find out for myself if he really is not good enough for me. I feel like this is something I have to find out on my own. I don't want to lose my friend, if I decide to keep talking to him or not. I don't want her to hate me or feel like I am choosing him over her. I just want to have them both in my life, they both mean a lot to me. I feel like it is time for me to be happy, but I don't want to lose two people who make me happy. What should I do?