3 month old has only had ONE doctor appointment

Vi

Ugh I am beyond frustrated :/ I live in Canada and have always had great Healthcare experiences. My prenatal experience was great as well. However, my child was born August 3rd and she has only been to the doctor ONCE at the beginning of September.

I had a family doctor ever since I was born, and when my daughter was born I had her have this family doctor also. But mid September I learned my doctor was leaving her practice at the end of September and there was no one replacing her. Also where I live there are no doctors taking new patients. Just our luck..

So my baby has only had one checkup and she's 14 weeks old. I have been to the breastfeeding clinic a few times about lip and tongue ties and her weight was monitored so she's growing just fine. But that's not the point. I'm frustrated because she could have other issues that aren't noticeable to me. What about her head and soft spots? Maybe her hips aren't right? What about her heart and lungs?

She still hasn't gotten her 2 month needles because I've been waiting for an appointment with our public health nurses office. I finally got her one which is next week. She will be 15 weeks old getting needles that were due at 9 weeks.. I am going to ask the nurse there if she can refer me to a pediatrician (here you need a referral to see one .. ?) so that my daughter can have the check up and care she needs and deserves.

I mean I am sure she is just fine but am wrong for worrying so much? She is my first baby and I just want to make sure she is growing properly and healthy!!