been considering a fertility specialist?

We have been trying for a year next month,  I have moderate endometriosis, and my husband has retractile testicles... both of which can cause fertility issues. I have a daughter that wasconceived 7 years before I was diagnosed with endo, my husband and his ex wife had tried for children for about 3 years but was unable to conceive and couldn't afford fertility help. We just found out his ex is 13 weeks pregnant with a man she's only been with for 4 months. So now that I know nothing was wrong with her, it makes me question his fertility. Should we visit a fertility specialist to check his sperm? And perhaps just basic blood work and what not?