Pregnancy hormones, or justified feelings?

Toshia
So, my boyfriend and I have been together for about 6 months.. Known each other for about 12 years. We are currently 8 weeks pregnant. Rewind back to about 2 months ago, we moved across country together to try to make a new life for yourselves. I began working immediately, and after a month and a half he never did. I started getting scared, as we had no family or friends in our new state and the cost of living was too much to live just off my income alone. So, I began to pull away from him. I began feeling like his lack of effort just showed me his true colors. I felt like he wasn't being much of a man, and lost some attraction towards him. I've since relocated, and as did he.. To different states. We found out I am pregnant, and since we have been trying to make things work. Some days it just feels like we are going through the motions, like we are just trying to make shit work out because we are having a baby. I even told him I feel like when he tells me he loves or missed me, it honestly feels like how you would tell your great grandma on thanksgiving or Christmas because those are the only times of the year that you see her, and you feel obligated to tell her. It's hurtful. I have been so irritable lately. We have lost our ability to communicate without twisting around, or taking the other out of context. He's upset with me for working towards making a life for myself and this child in my own, because I'm not 100% confident in the fact that he can pull through like I'm going to need him to. An I in the wrong for trying to prepare myself, with or without him? I'm not sure what kind of answers I'm looking for.. But have any other ladies gotten progessively irritated or turned off towards your BD/BF in early pregnancy, or am I just being nuts?