Need to vent...

I have a friend who told me she was pregnant. At the moment she doesn't have custody of her first born. Long story. Is currently taking methadone for her addiction. She has faked pregnancies before and also miscarriages. I know cuz I've caught her in these lies. This time it sounds like she might be telling the truth. She says she isn't ready for another baby. I asked her what she was going to do and she asked me what I thought she should do. I told her I couldn't tell her what to do that's on her n her man, but I thew out a few options. None of which being abortion. All had to do with giving up for adoption.

She texted me back and said I was just asking your opinion. I'm definitely keeping the baby, I wouldn't give it up. That would be cruel...

After all everything she has been threw, and all her first child has been threw you're willing to do the same with this child. I don't understand! Putting your child up for adoption is the most selfless act you can do at this point. It is the absolute least cruel thing you could do for a child and a family that can provide everything the baby would need and a family that isn't able to have a baby of their own. The most cruel thing you could do is keep a child in those kind of conditions your in right now.

I just don't see how she can say giving the baby up is cruel.