Pumping

Kayla • | HI native • CA living | Don`t expect people to understand your grind when God didn`t give them your vision| ✌️n❤️
When my son turned five months old two weeks ago, I made the decision to finally stop pumping. I wasn't making enough to exclusively give him breast milk so I supplemented with formula. Long story short, it was the BEST decision I ever made! Like any mom, I wish I could have breastfed but he never latched on. So I went with the second best choice, pumping. And I'm not gonna lie, it was tough! Breastfeeding is hard enough, I'm sure but with pumping, you have extra steps. Not only are you feeding baby but you're cleaning and sanitizing your parts, keeping track of time till your next pump, storing and cleaning bottles, and waking up in the middle of the night just to pump. Im not complaining, I did it and I chose to do it because I wanted my son to have breast milk. I'm simply stating what it's like to pump. And as hard as it was, it was all worth it. My son, born at 36 weeks, is now a healthy five and half month old who is about 18 lbs. (: Thank you Jesus lol
Anywho, I just wanted to share my little story for those of you ladies who pump. I feel like it's not talked about as much as it should and I had to Google a lot of things and learn on my own when it came to pumping. I enjoy the extra time I get with my son and I enjoy not having to worry about my next pump or if I'll produce enough milk this time. For those of you mamas who are pumping or breast feeding, more power to you mama! For those who are formula feeding, I say it's OKAY. Not everyone can do it and as long as your little one is healthy and happy, do what's best for you. The best advice I ever got was, don't worry too much about breast feeding. If it just so happens you can't or don't, it's OKAY. It's not worth stressing over so make the choice that's best for you and for baby.🙏  And for those mamas who recently stopped pumping like I did, I commend you in your little milestone. 🎉 I hope all you mommies out there enjoy motherhood and your little one. They won't be this little forever 💕
My little cutie 🙃😍 and please I'm happy to see your little one ^_^ peace & love mamas. #firsttimemom