I'm in big trouble!

And the reason is because I'm in love with an older man. I started talking to him when I was 16 and didn't start dating until I was 17. And he was 32 when I started dating him.

Yes I know. But I was fully aware of his age and he was fully aware of mine. Both parties were on the same page.

There was just something about him that caught my attention. He was funny and I liked that. He was also mature and we are both into fitness.

Anyways fast forward to today. I am now 20 years old and he's 35. My parents were so upset when they found out we started seeing each other. Oh and please be aware that we did NOT HAVE SEX UNTIL I WAS LEGAL AND TURNED 18 AND EVEN AFTER I TURNED 18 WE STILL WAITED HALF A YEAR. So don't get any crazy ideas he never did anything against my will.

I have a promise ring and my parents are doing everything in their power to try and break us up and are trying to ruin my life it seems. Can anyone relate to being in a relationship with someone much older than you and your parents noy approving?