So confused! IVF

Had our consultant appointment today. We've been told that my body is now working "normally" and has been for 10 months (give or take).
The consultant gave us two options.
1. Continue to try for 3-4 months and see if we fall naturally.
2. Start <a href="">IVF</a> which will happen in January.
If we don't fall in 3-4 months <a href="">IVF</a> is the next thing they want to do anyway.
*Bit of background*
We've been together for 10 years 6 months, married for 2 years 6 months and TTC for 2 years 7 months.
All I want is to be a mum. I don't want to wait and <a href="">IVF</a> sounds a bit scary. We've got funding on the NHS, so money isn't an issue yet. 
Do I wait and try for another 4 months? Or should we start <a href="">IVF</a> now?
Any advice is much appreciated xxx

Vote below to see results!