Should I talk to him baby mama??

LadyB💕
So recently I have been feeling a certain way. I have been starting to see things in a different way and from different perspectives. In a very good way. It honestly feels good and that's why I want to try and do things that as right now feel like the right thing to do. So a little back story, me and my SO have been together now for 1 year and 6 months. And we'll him and his ex just didn't work out ( I came after all this). But she obviously has a bad image of me and more because his mom doesn't like me either and I feel like she is the one putting more things into her. And lately I've wanted to reach out to her her let HER get to know me. Let her judge me if she wants but actually knowing me and not the person they are telling her I am. More than anything for the sake of the babies. I know how difficult it has been for my SO not seeing them much and in a way having to choose to either see me or them because she doesn't want them near me and I know it has to do with who she thinks I am. I just don't know if it's the right thing to do or if I should just let it be. We are both around the same age and I feel we would understand each other's views. Like I said for the sake of the babies and not so much so we could be bffs. I just want peace for all of us. Any thoughts?