Should I go in?

So I'm having contractions that I think are coming every 5/6 minutes and they're painful but not unbearable. I called L&D for an opinion and the doctor pretty much told me it was my call but she thinks it sounds like I'm in labor (had contractions while on the phone). I can talk through them it's just difficult to catch my breath at times. Here's my dilemma: my boyfriend is 2 hours away and I don't want him to rush here for a false alarm. He needs to work for as long as he can. I was already 4cm 50% effaced earlier so I know they'll admit me as soon as I get to 5. I'm worried that if I wait too long, my boyfriend won't make it in time but if I go too early I'll be stuck at the hospital forever.. the hospital is only 5/7 minutes away 

Vote below to see results!