canceled my induction

So I had an induction planned for the 27th. I'm due the 24th and I'm already 4cm 50% effaced so my doctor had no problem setting it up earlier than 1 week past due date. He doesn't like anyone to pass a week overdue anyway. BUT yesterday he tells me he would schedule me with a different doctor because he won't be in town!! So I declined and decided I'll just wait the full week if I have to. I'm super frustrated and disappointed but I'll live. I don't mind waiting for my baby to come when he's ready but I don't want to see some random doctor either 😕 plus there's increased risks when you're too far overdue and I'm getting concerned.